As all women know, hair, nails and sleep are hugely important to your overall appearance and well-being. As well as this, a great nights sleep makes you feel on top of the world, whilst a strong set of nails and a full head of hair makes you feel confident and ready to take on anything life can throw at you.
If one of these three elements has been neglected it is a recipe for disaster.
Of course we’re not always in control, some suffer from insomnia or have a predisposition to brittle nails or hair loss. But, things can be done to prevent all of the above and this begins with your diet.
The following 3 vitamins can all help you on the road to recovery. Please remember to consult a doctor before dramatically changing your diet.
Zinc is a vital mineral for your body and it helps to keep it healthy. It contributes to nail and hair growth as your body develops. A diet with low levels of Zinc content will lead to brittle, dry nails. Obviously eating foods with a high Zinc content will help to improve these symptoms. But what are these foods….
People will normally tell you that seafood is the only option, but the following foods all have a good zinc count and not all of these are your typical ‘healthy’ foods.
- Beef: often overlooked but has a very high Zinc content
- Flax Seeds: quite unusual but also linked with regulation of hormones so an all round super food.
- Pumpkin Seeds: obviously only really consumed on halloween.
- Oysters: for the more promiscuous.
- Shrimp: fairly difficult to get hold of but taste delicious.
- Kidney beans: you can easily slip these into a chilli con carne.
- Watermelon seeds: you can barely taste them, so it is perfect.
- Spinach: not only used for growing muscle
Also, Zinc has been known to help you sleep.