Experts still can’t explain the reason why some people are left-handed and some people are right-handed, a research has found a complex link between our genes and environment. Experts have discovered that the number of left-handed members is higher in the family of a left-handed person. Left-handed people are also more independent than right-handed people because they spend their entire lives adapting to a right-handed world. This article reveals 23 things you probably didn’t know about left-handed people…
1. Left means broken or weak.
The word “left” is of Anglo-Saxon origin from the word “lyft” meaning broken or weak.
2. Do left-handed people use the left side of their brain?
Most people might think that but left-handed people tend to use the right side of their brain.
3. How many people are actually left-handed?
5 to 10 percent of the world’s population is left-handed.
4. Left-handed people tend to be good at sports.
They’re usually good at sports like swimming, boxing, tennis and baseball.
5. Left-handed people underwater.
They can adjust to see underwater more easily than right-handers. I wonder why?
6. Left-handed Tennis players.
More than 40 percent of the world’s tennis players are left-handed. GO LEFTIES!
7. Most left-handed people reach puberty later.
Even 5 months after right-handed people.
8. Left-handed people are usually richer than right-handed people.
Left-handed college graduates are expected to become 26 percent richer than right-handed colleagues.
9. They have an increased risk by 3% of becoming alcoholics.
10. Animals are equally right-handed as left-handed.
In animals like cats, mice and rats, the percentage of left and right pawedness is equally split.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends if you found it interesting!